Thursday, December 17, 2009

how can I do better Week 2

Hi Adrianna,

The best thing to do is to work down the grading rubric I sent back to you to make sure you understand why I deducted points.

Consequently, to work ahead, review the helping guides I make that are the grading rubrics and templates, and posts in the Main. Ask whatever questions you have about them a head of time and as earliest in the week as possible.

Overall, I sometimes find that once people begin taking those citations seriously, they begin integrating industry professionals work in as the results of studies and this greatly increases the depth of research, necessary content and focus in the paper.

What I noticed in your paper, and is a common issue in education today. is that what was needed was to have defined your terms. These definitions should come from your text, be cited just like we did in the Week 2 Checkpoint.

There is a learning phenomenon known as the 'misunderstood word.' Much work has shown that when there is little time invested in considering and working through the significance of a new term within the context of the industry in which it is to be used, there will indeed be a greater mental engagement that brings together that term and the concept being learned.

Had you seen that I had encouraged everyone to make use of the template I had made for the assignment? I have attached it here. Can you see that had you taken advantage of the template that it might have forced greater focus on each of the steps. I have a template for each paper and I hope you take advantage of them on future assignments.

Ideally, I would have seen all four steps as subtitles in the paper with a paragraph beneath each that defined the step and provided studies for and against.

If we begin with the introduction. Did you know that professional writers write their introductory paragraphs last?

The logic is...how can you introduce someone you do not know, or tell someone about a movie you have not seen?


Here is your introductory paragraph: Did you read How to Develop an Introduction that was posted in the Course Materials Forum? I have attached it here this post.

After reading the post on How to Develop an Introduction, try to mark in your paragraph here, the what? the so what? the how do you know what you know? and the what next? or could be call to action.

No comments:

Post a Comment